Finalist in the 'Best Spa Hotel' category at The Good Spa Awards 2021, Old Thorns is a large resort-style 4* hotel with 150 bedrooms as well as 51 self-catering apartments which look out over stunning views of the golf course and surrounding countryside. Facilities include two restaurants, Oties American style diner, an 18-hole golf course, state-of-the-art Elevation health club and, of course, the spa.
Although Old Thorns started from humble beginnings as an old dairy farm, today much has changed, with Old Thorns growing in to one of the south's most popular resort destinations. With its unique decor, most of the spaces are modern and stylish including the spa facilities which houses pool, tropical pool, hot tub, thermal facilities, a dark and cosy relaxation room and a sundeck.
The main spa brands used are Germaine du Capuccini, Natural Spa factory, thalassotherapy brand Thalgo and nails by Jessica.
The Covid-19 precautions at Old Thorns can be viewed here.
- Family swim times
- 20m pool
- Hydrotherapy pool
- Tropical pool
- Steam room
- Tepidarium beds
- Relaxation room
- Foot baths
- Ice fountain
- Family swim times
- Therapists will be provided with the correct PPE to undertake treatments safely (including wearing a face covering and protective screen during your treatment).
- Extra time will be allocated between treatment times to allow for our treatment rooms to be sanitised between each guest. All treatment times must be pre-booked. Only guests that have bookings will be permitted in the treatment spa.
- We ask all guests having treatments to wear a mask (masks will be available to purchase at a nominal price of £1).
- Hand dryers, hair dryers and hair straighteners have been removed from operation to minimise the risk of contamination.
- All customers are requested to sanitise their hands before entering and exiting the spa and health club and before and after treatments. Sanitiser will be provided at the entrance.
- Germaine de Capuccini
- Sienna X
- Natural Spa Factory
The Kings Restaurant - Kings Restaurant is the main restaurant where breakfast, lunch and dinner are served. offering the perfect opportunity to sate your appetite – all while enjoying panoramic views across the golf course towards the South Downs.
Oties - With tantalising desserts at the heart of Oties' menu, alongside a tasty breakfast offering, fresh panini and sandwiches, plus a range of hot drinks, smoothies and milkshakes.
Sports bar - For a more relaxed eating and drinking environment with a sporting theme, the popular Sports Bar at Old Thorns is a winner.
Champagne Bar - The Atrium Champagne Bar is an aesthetic delight. With regal mahogany and leather interior and a dramatic long, brass mirrored curved bar, you can be sure to enjoy a fantastic time in truly glamourous surroundings.
Afternoon Tea - At Old Thorns, our dedication to serving home-made Afternoon Tea using the finest, fresh ingredients ensures it is an experience you’re not likely to forget in a hurry. Served on traditional tiered cake stands with delicious finger-sized sandwiches, scones with jam and cream, a selection of cakes and much more.
With over 150 bedrooms, 10 eco pods for a glamping experience, as well as 51 self-catering apartments, Old Thorns is one of the south of England’s most highly regarded resort destinations.
Monday to Saturday: 10.00-18.00